Web Application Developer - Contract
Web Application Developer - Austin
The client requires the services of one Web Developer to work with a team to build a web-based interface between the existing system and the online payment services provided by Texas.Gov. Worker will work with employees from ROW and Information Technology Services Division (ITSD), under the supervision of a Project Manager, to:
- Analyze business processes and system requirements;
- Prepare detailed system design;
- Write, test, and modify computer programs;
- Prepare and load test data;
- Prepare and execute automated test scripts (i.e. using NUnit for Unit Testing);
- Prepare logical and physical data models in compliance with TxDOT standards;
- Prepare and update system technical documentation;
- Provide knowledge transfer to/perform code review with TxDOT technical staff for approximately 2 hours per week;
- Implement and maintain a defect tracking system;
- Develop and document installation procedures for deployment of applications to both test and production environments;
- Interface with TxDOT business and technical personnel regarding the impact of implementations on business functions, local office technical support and agency-wide core technologies (i.e. databases, email, office suites, networks, servers, etc.);
- Travel (<25%) to assist with requirements gathering, testing, and training;
- Provide on-site maintenance assistance/transition for two months following deployment;
- Perform other related services as assigned by the Project Manager
Skills and Capabilities:
- C#, .NET, and Visual Studio
- SQL Server and Windows servers
- Active Directory and LDAP
- Automated testing procedures and software tools (i.e. using NUnit for Unit Testing).
- Industry standard software for source code control, versioning, and deployment.
- Interfacing secure, public facing web applications with other systems such as online payment processing, financial, document management, Microsoft Office, and GroupWise.
- Preparing system documentation and training materials.
You’ll probably be really happy here if:
- You have strong sense of personal accountability and have a history of doing things beyond the scope of your personal role.
- You're looking to contribute to our culture and roadmap
- You love working collaboratively
- You are high energy and low ego
- You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
Who is Stark?
Stark has been engaged by our client to assist in locating and screening the most qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are precise in our processes, but inspired in our approach. We are committed to providing value – and most importantly – results, to our clients and candidates
To review a complete list of Stark openings, please go to http://www.starktalent.com/career-center/search-jobs/ .
C#, .NET, and Visual Studio
SQL Server and Windows servers
Active Directory and LDAP
Automated testing procedures and software tools (i.e. using NUnit for Unit Testing).
Industry standard software for source code control, versioning, and deployment.
Interfacing secure, public facing web applications with other systems.
Preparing system documentation and training materials.