Weblogic System Administrator
Duties performed will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Provide advanced support for an enterprise level, application server environment.
• Individual will need to be well versed in all aspects of WebLogic administration and operations including strong understanding of the underlying scripts and WebLogic Scripting tool.
• Assists in the definition of standards and identification of process improvement opportunities for the platforms supported.
• Participates in the configuration and administration of WebLogic v11g (and higher) and as necessary post-implementation support.
• Researches, evaluates, and coordinates software releases, system upgrades, enhancements, and software updates to ensure that client specifications and best practice guidelines are met.
• Encourages adoption of industry standards and best practices in support of very large enterprise systems.
• Participating in the configuration and administration of WebLogic v10.x (and higher) and as necessary post-implementation support including an on-call rotation.
• Providing web server support for application development staff, business systems users and will also work closely with Level I Support, systems SME’s and vendors as necessary to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Prioritizing support requests; effective task planning; executing an established change control process and proactively communicating task status and progress.
• Documenting WebLogic monitoring, probing and troubleshooting best practices for use by less experienced support staff.
• Mitigating risk by proactively identifying potential issues and suggesting alternate courses of action. Participating in the definition of standards and identification of process improvement opportunities for the platforms supported.
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team, and share knowledge, information, and learning with Division staff.
• Proven ability to develop, discuss and defend technical solutions with technical and non-technical customers.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong work ethic.
• Must be able to successfully manage complex issue resolution.
• Must have senior level problem solving skills.
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of networking, DNS, load balancing, and J2EE.
• Experience performing advanced level monitoring/probing and troubleshooting.
Work Experience/Skills Requirements:
• 5 or more years of experience in all aspects of Web Server Engineering and Administration including installation, administration, monitoring and ongoing support of.
• 4 or more years of WebLogic Administration experience in an enterprise level environment in support of WebLogic v10.x or higher.
• 5 or more years of experience working within infrastructure and web technologies. Need to demonstrate a strong understanding and working knowledge of integrating web technologies, networking, database applications and security.
• 3 or more years’ experience with Apache and/or IIS web servers.
• 3 or more years’ experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:Experience with Tomcat.
• Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic v11g or later), SOA platforms, including Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Apache, Tomcat, Java
Education and/or Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in information science, data management, computer science, or related field required
Must be a citizen and be able to hold a security clearance. You do not need a current/active clearance to apply, but must be able to pass a government security background investigation.