Junior Web Security Analyst
The primary responsibility of the Junior Web Security Specialist is to ensure the highest level of web-based application protection without impacting availability of services for legitimate users. This includes responding to and escalating blocked requests, working directly with the customer or partner to determine the legitimacy of blocked requests, tuning the Web Application Firewall (WAF) to allow valid requests, and augmenting the WAF to provide coverage for previously undetected attacks. Additional responsibilities include conducting manual and automated vulnerability scans to assess the effectiveness of recently created or modified rules. A comprehensive list of analyst activities is available in section 2.2 regarding service scenarios.
--PLEASE NOTE: If you are a web developer and are interested in security, this may be the role for you!
Here’s what we prefer you have:
• 1 year of IIS/LAMP administration/development (professionally or on side/school projects)
• Familiarity with OWASP Top Ten
• Familiarity with HTTP, TLS, XML, JSON, SOAP and reverse proxies
• Working knowledge of MySQL, Oracle and MS SQL
It would be awesome if you have:
• Experience in manual application security testing
• Bachelors in Computer Information Systems or Network Security
• Certifications in Web based Penetration Testing or general certs such as GWAT, OSCP, CEH, CPT, etc.
Alert Logic sits at the nexus of two of the hottest trends in IT: the adoption of cloud technologies and increased security and compliance requirements driven by an increasingly connected world. In a typical month, Alert Logic processes over 100 million security events and store petabytes of data for over 1,300 enterprise customers. We are an established company with a history of almost 10 years, yet maintain a pace, energy and agility that allows us to advance our offerings and technology and preserve a startup-like culture. Our revenues are strong. Our customer base is growing rapidly.