Pluck is the world’s first Social Application Server and offers the only white-label social media platform broad enough to power communities for “top 20” brands, retailers, and publishers. Through native reviews, ratings, comments, photos, videos, gamification, and moderation capabilities, plus SDKs in 6 languages, we make possible unique and mission-critical implementations for businesses like Target, Nike, the NFL, AARP, Mattel, Nestle, NPR, Kraft, Whole Foods… and the list goes on and on.
We work in a lighthearted, collaborative environment that is diverse, open-minded, “intrapreneurial”, and above all, agile. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers. Plus, you’ll get to work in the lovely SoCo neighborhood of Austin, at our offices in the former Austin Opera House, Willie Nelson’s old music venue. (Yes, we still have the stage.) Lunch at Threadgill’s, Doc’s Motorworks, Home Slice, or any of a dozen funky food trailers could be a daily event for you.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Software Engineer to join the team that makes Pluck go.
• Write, unit test, debug, and troubleshoot critical online software applications
• Work on a small team of highly motivated programmers and testers to provide software that delights the customer
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and fix customer-identified bugs
• Work to improve the efficiency and functionality of existing software solutions
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years developing Web applications, primarily on the server-side/back-end
• Experience with Distributed Systems
• Experience with Object Oriented Programming
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or MIS or commensurate experience
• 2+ years of experience in .NET and C# is preferred, but a solid background in other languages (Java, Ruby) may transfer.
• Experience developing high-performance, high-scale Software-as-a-Service
• Knowledge of additional programming languages including Python, Java, Objective C, PHP
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared.