Entry-Level EE Graduate - Engineering (Electrical), Information Technology (Business Analyst) or Technical Sales (Marketing)
MICHELLE J. VITALE
74 Forest Way Morris Plains, NJ
Engineer/IT professional, computer literate in multiple operating systems, programming languages and software applications; enthusiastic about applying new technologies, enhancing current technical expertise and applying transferable skill sets.
Enthusiastic self-starter, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate latest technologies, skills, concepts and ideas.
Creative troubleshooter/problem-solver who works hard and loves a challenge.
Adept at building relationships with cross functional teams.
- MAC OS
- MS Office Suite
General Electric – Consumer and Industrial, Louisville, KY 5/2008 – 8/2008
Information Management Intern
• Participated in the conversion from Oracle Financial Analyzer to Hyperion
• Responsible for developing business requirements with end users to create specifications for critical financial data feeds
• Responsible for developing technical documentation including functional requirements to be utilized by the application architect
• Developed and managed a usage study to aide in the reduction of business expenditures
• Developed best practices in the creation of incident reports and metrics using Business Objects software to create automatic reports utilized by management in the decision making process
• Analyzed incident reports to identify recurring problems with website functionality and user errors
Environment: Windows XP, MSOffice Suite, Business Objects, Oracle Financial Analyzer, COGNOS
Thomson, Indianapolis, IN, 6/2007 – 8/2007
Systems Test and Automation Intern
• Performed QA on proprietary software written in C code in a Linux environment
• Utilized excel for bug tracking to coincide with proprietary web based tracking system
• Monitored and tracked resolution of bugs
• Performed manual testing and bit stream testing on proprietary hardware and software
Environment: Windows XP, Linux (Fedora), MS Office Suite, Klockwork Development Suite, Internet Explorer, C
Digital Resource Center, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, 12/2008 – 5/2009
Staff IT Resource
• Webmaster for Rose-Hulman student website
• Created audio/video tutorial of Microsoft Outlook 2007
• Responsible for the supervision activities of teams who designed and assembly work for wireless underwater communication system using hydro acoustics
• Developed reports to be used in budgetary decision making process
• Coordinated and led meetings with multiple project advisors to evaluate and assess project goals and timelines
• Developed interactive PowerPoint presentation for client and management
Environment: Windows XP, MS Office Suite, Photoshop, Adobe, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Camtasia Studio
Education and Certifications:
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN, May 2009
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Relevant Coursework: Communication Systems, DSP System Design, Machines and Power, Linear Control Systems, Wireless Systems, Alternative Energy, Technical Communications, Senior Design
Engineer-In-Training, US-Indiana Certification (EIT/FE certified by the Indiana Board of Professional Engineers), 4/2009.
Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Member, Order of the Engineer
Please contact the skill set owner if you have an imminent employment opportunity, or one currently available to discuss. Thank you.