Current Skills for K. Nuttle
Information Security Analyst
03/2000 – 01/2007
Electronic Data Systems (EDS)/General Motors Powertrain Division
As an Information Security Analyst, I performed many information security tasks including documentation, creating standardized workflow processes for completion of security investigations, performing security reviews and investigations, as well as development of new security policies. Throughout this position I demonstrated excellent project management and organizational skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Accomplishments include:
• Developed process for vulnerability management which improved remediation reporting by 75% across the region.
• Reduced the number of IT Audit comments received by the division from 40% to less than 5%. This was achieved through providing security guidance to system and information owners as well as system administrators, identifying vulnerabilities in processes and current security practices and working to increase controls to close security risks, and creating standardized security reviews and checklists.
• Developed Business Continuity Plans for over 20 Engineering and Manufacturing site across North American Region. Developed and implemented
Business Continuity Plan testing and ensured 90% or higher reporting results.
• Increased compliance of annual reviews of Disaster Recovery Plans for Critical systems and bi-yearly reviews of non-critical systems by 100%.
• Consistently improved communication of Information Security Policies & Practices across North American Region. Created and implemented communication plan which included daily maintenance of the information security web site on the GM Intranet, development and publishing of digital and print media regarding information security policies, development of online security quizzes and formalized information security web course.
• Created standardized process for security reviews of suppliers and joint venture companies with need for connecting to GM network.
• Successfully completed EDS Leadership training program and directed team of Information Security Analysts.
11/98 – 03/2000 Volt Systems
Y2K Systems Project Manager
This position was as a contractor to EDS, and supported the GM Truck Manufacturing facility in Pontiac, Michigan. Responsibilities included working with system administrators to test critical and non-critical systems that supported the manufacturing, engineering, and staff operations on both Windows, Unix and other proprietary systems for Y2K readiness.
• Coordinated with Vendors for obtaining Y2K system certifications for systems supported
• Ensured on time completion system tests and metrics reporting to division.
• Completed remediation of non-compliant systems within division deadlines.
• Implemented communication plan for communicating requirements, as well as general Y2K activities to vendors and staff at facility.
• Developed and implemented Y2K test plan to simulate actual operation with systems in Year 2000 to make certain problems would not arise.
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
Bachelor of Arts 1993
Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
Marygrove College, Southfield, Michigan
UNIX Systems Administration
Walsh College, Troy, Michigan
E-Commerce and Internet Marketing
Please contact the skill set owner if you have an imminent employment opportunity, or one currently available to discuss. Thank you.