Intranet Professional - Content Management
TECHNICAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Systems: Vignette, OpenText, Interwoven and SharePoint content / document management systems
Social Media: Blogs, microblogging, wikis, communities, social networks and social bookmarking
Software: MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop, Camtasia
MOTOROLA, Schaumburg, IL 2006 - 2010
Sr. Manager, Web Site Management, Global Digital Communication Services
Managed global and US content management operations for employee portal. Provided project management, consulting and training to key business and function content stakeholders to improve site usability and ensure compliance with portal standards. Liaised with IT partners to provide communications requirements, track and resolve issues, and collaborate on communication strategies to enhance portal effectiveness.
* Built, motivated and mentored Motorola's first global intranet content management team supporting all businesses and functions enhancing internal communications efficiency and effectiveness.
* Defined, codified and evangelized global intranet content management strategy improving content clarity, freshness, findability and consumption.
* Collaborated on design and implementation of first two phases of global internal news content management model enabling internal communicators to deliver real-time employee and market news updates via portal.
* Collaborated on two refreshes of employee portal home page improving site usability and information efficiency.
* Coordinated external consultants and portal administrators improving implementation efficiency and client satisfaction for a multitude of stakeholders' content creations, migrations and redesigns.
* Developed instructional videos and user guides for social communication tools resulting in a 30% increase in employee awareness and adoption of tools.
* Strategized and coordinated global and regional content changes to support implementation of SAP HR system resulting in a performance award recognizing effort's efficiency.
GLOBAL CONSULTANTS INC., Schaumburg, IL 2005 - 2006
Sr. Intranet Content Management Consultant (contractor to Motorola)
Consulted on content management best practices, supported implementation of Motorola's first global HR Portal. Co-managed pilot study of content management system for HR portal.
* Developed content repository structure to support portal delivered content and defined content roles and processes to support distributed management of HR content in 70 countries.
* Performed diligent functional testing of CMS, which resulted in a decision to investigate alternative approaches to managing content for HR portal.
AON SERVICES CORPORATION, Chicago, IL 2001 - 2005
Sr. Intranet Content Manager
Provided intranet content management support for global HR, procurement, creative services, marketing, IT, security and travel functions.
* Managed Aon's first global usability research effort capturing end-user requirements and informing team on necessary improvements to enhance intranet's user experience.
* Applied intranet and brand standards to legacy intranet assets producing consistent user experience and aligning sites with standards.
* Developed and maintained user guide on managing content via Interwoven's TeamSite and trained stakeholders on system enabling self-administration of content.
* Managed implementation of WebSideStory's HBX metrics tracking for corporate intranet, developing user guide and training business units on utilization of new tool enabling metrics gathering for improved decision making.
COMPAQ COMPUTER CORP., Houston, TX 1997 - 2000
Manager, Corporate Intranet
Managed global intranet team composed of content managers and external vendors. Provided consulting to business and function stakeholders, gathering requirements and coordinating changes with IT partners, demonstrating consistent record of Internet, Extranet and Intranet projects implemented on time and within budget.
* Managed transition of Compaq's internal bulletin board content delivery system into a "stage one" corporate intranet supporting over 68,000 employees and contractors.
* Developed and evangelized global intranet strategies, policies and publishing procedures enabling any employee with manager approval (over 2000 contributors spanning 40 countries) to create and add content to the intranet.
* Liaised with the Employee Communications team, collaborating on push communication strategies for news delivery and provided resource to manage daily publishing of global news.
* Collaborated with business groups, IT partners and third-party vendors to develop intranet applications such as Compaq's first online U.S. benefits enrollment, its first online stock purchase program, the creation of a global image repository, an online company store and employee self-service applications.
* Managed two redesigns of global intranet on time and budget, including coordination of global intranet integration efforts to consolidate Compaq, Digital Equipment Corp. and Tandem intranets into one presence, receiving an 80% satisfaction rating from employees less than 6 months after the redesign and achieving a 50% reduction in time-on-task testing.
BFA (with honors), Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
Please contact the skill set owner if you have an imminent employment opportunity, or one currently available to discuss. Thank you.