door64 High-Tech Career Fair and Networking Night
The first-ever door64.com High-tech Career Fair and Networking Night 2008 was on Thursday, August 7th from 3-9pm in Austin, Texas. Click over here to see the event recap.
This unique combo event starts by helping local tech professionals find the right next career move, and ends with an evening of networking with your industry peers in a friendly social setting. So whether you're actively looking for that next opportunity, or you're wanting to expand your local professional network while enjoying food, drinks, and door prizes, this event has something for you!
A BIG thanks to LinkedIn and Rackspace for generously sponsoring this event!
Event Details (NEW LOCATION)
What: door64 High-Tech Career Fair and Networking Night
Who: door64.com members, and other local semiconductor, hardware, software, and IT professionals
When: Thursday, August 7th, 2008 / 3-6pm (Career Fair), 6-9pm (Networking Night)
Where: Monarch Event Center (Auditorium), 6406 North IH-35, Suite 3100, Austin, TX 78752 [Map]
How (much): Free!
Why: Speak with local high-tech employers who are hiring, and expand your local network with your industry peers. Why not?
Here is a list of the employers who have confirmed attendance so far. Below each is a list of types of candidates sought, and various associated skills. As more employers sign-up, they will be added to the list, so check back!
- Rackspace Hosting
- Linux System Administrators (LAMP), Windows System Administrators (IIS, Clustering), Sales Support Engineers, SMB Sales Executive, Cisco Certified Network Engineer, Java Developer, Python Developer, IT Security Analyst, Oracle DBA
- Skills: Java, SQL, IIS, Apache, Python, Clustering, CCNE, Hosting
- Ultra Electronics Advanced Tactical Systems, Inc.
- Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Field Service, Q&A, Customer Support
- Skills: C++, Linux, POSIX, HPC, I/O, Data Links, GUI, Human Factors, OOD, Real-time, Embedded
- Silicon Elite, LLC
- Design and Verification Engineers
- Skills: Verilog, C++, Perl, Hspice, Pspice, Specman, Vera, Cadence, Synopsys tools, Microprocessor verification, Formal Verification, Physical
- HT Staffing
- Verification Engineers, Test Engineers, Compiliers, IC Design, Design Engineers
- Skills: C++, Verilog
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Product Development Engineers, Design Engineers, Platform Engineers
- Skills: Silicon Development, MBIST, ATE, System Level Test, Post-silicon validation, Post-silicon debug, Post-silicon characterization
- Software Developer (Java), Linux System Engineer, IT Manager/Sys Admin, Operations Database Analyst, Front End Web Developer, Implementation Project Manager, Director of Community Management, Client Marketing Analyst, Sr. Marketing Analyst, Operations Analyst, Content Analyst, Capacity Team Lead, Training Team Lead, Online Community Manager, Sales Director, Market Development Associate, Channel Marketing & Advertising Product Manager, Product Strategist, Social Commerce Product Manager, Program Manager, Associate Product Manager, Web Designer, Partnership Director, Senior Accountant
- Skills: Java, Linux, LAMP
- Software Developer (Server, PC/MAC client), Quality Assurance, Technical Sales and Marketing
- Skills: Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML/XML Schemas, Object-oriented C++, Windows/OSX dev, HTML/CSS/DHTML, Adobe Flex 2, Wireless networking
- Borland Software
- Principal Consultant, Database Administrator, IT Support Specialist, Applications Systems Administrator (Intern), Program Manager, QA Engineer III, Product Manager, Business Intelligence Program Manager, Senior Software Engineer, QA Lead, QA Engineer IV, R&D Engineer III, Customer Engineering
- Skills: Java, Data warehousing, Agile, J2EE, CCIE, CCNE, Oracle DBA, Network Engineering
- .Net Developer, Java Developer, Cisco Engineer, Unix Administrator, QA Engineer, Automated Tester, Manual Tester, Deskside Support Technician, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer, SQL Developer, SQL DBA, Data Analyst, Project Manager, Production Application Support, C++ Developer, Business Analyst, Windows Administrator, Entry Level Developers, Web Developers, UI Designers
- Skills: C#, .Net, Java, Solaris, HPUX, AIX, SQL, Oracle, Windows 2003/XP Pro, Cisco Routers and Switches, XML, HTML, C++, Rational
- Software Engineers
- Skills: C++, C#, .NET, SQL
- Developers, Testers, System Admin, UI Design, Req Analyst, Product Manager, IT managers, QA, and more.
- Skills: Ruby on Rails, .NET, C#, Flex, Java, J2EE, C++, Oracle, SQL
- All Web Leads
- Software Developer, Email Marketing Manager, Affiliate Manager
- Skills: .NET, C#, OOP, SQL, SOAP, PHP, HTML, Email Marketing, Analytics, Affiliate Management, Relationship Building.
- Software, Hardware, Marketing, Sales, Security, Networking
- Embedded Linux + C, Apps using C, Network & Storage Apps, and
- TechTalent International
- Mixed Signal Audio Applications Engineer, Digital IC Design, CAD Manager, Product Marketing Engineer, Senior Technical Lead, Mixed Signal Product, Test Engineer, Product Test Engineer, Senior PMU IC Architect, Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer, Staff Design Verification Engineer, Senior FPGA Development Engineer, Physical Design Engineer, Embedded Software Applications Engineer, Senior QA Automation Engineer, Engineering Manager, Product Management Consultant, Product Marketing Manager, Software Engineer / Architect, Java, Software Engineer / Architect, .NET, User Interface Software Engineer / Architect WPF, ScrumMaster, Business Analyst
- Skills: Java, .NET, C++, WPF, Silverlight, Processor Architecture, Test Automation, Scrum, Agile, Selenium, WATIR
- New Horizons Computer Learning Center
- Pervasive Software
- Sr. Software Development Engineer, Staff Development Engineer, Intermediate Quality Engineer, Partner Enablement Engineer, Engineer Consultant
- Skills: C++, Java, .NET, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, XML, Windows, Unix flavors, Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Netware, I18N, L10N
- National Instruments
- IT Programmer Analyst
- Skills: Java, Oracle Applications, PL/SQL, Database development, Web development
- Vertive, Inc.
- Web Developer, Sr. Programmer Analyst, Director of Information Systems, IT Intern, Web Design Intern, Product Manager, SEO Coordinator, Content Coordinator
- Skills: PHP, My SQL, Web Development and Design, SEO
EMPLOYERS: Learn about participating in this event!
Attendee Registration Survey
For those who wish to attend, please fill out the form below and click the Register button. The fields with red asterisks (*) are required to be filled in before successfully registering. Note that this information will be used to match up your needs with appropriate employers. Your name or contact info entered below will not be given out.
If you previously registered and need to unregister, please click here and select delete to remove your submission.
Problems registering? Email Matt.