SoC Design / Integration Engineer
Highly motivated, results-oriented, electrical engineer experienced in high-speed digital circuit
design using CMOS SOI/bulk technologies, high-speed memory design (SRAM), low-power design, and mixed-signal circuit design. Experienced in all phases of ASIC design including synthesis, timing closure, and place and route using tool suites from Magma and Cadence.
Freescale Semiconductor, Austin TX 2006 -2009
Senior Design Engineer
* Developed procedures to evaluate the routability of internal and externally available libraries at the 45 / 65 / 90 nM nodes. Cells identified by these procedures were then modified, and resulted in reductions in die size and cycle time.
* Identified circuit design and routability issues for the 32 nM SOI cell library being developed in conjunction with IBM, allowing rapid evaluation of DRM changes.
* Provided integration support for all design teams, and developed back-end flows allowing existing designs to take advantage of library enhancements to reduce die size.
Magma Design Automation, Dallas TX 2005 - 2006
Senior Applications Engineer
* Developed physical design flow with Texas Instruments Wireless Design center for their
45/65 nM designs using Magma 5.0 (Talus). Designs included multi-VDD domains, state-retention circuitry, and low-leakage architectures for wireless applications. This development work allowed TI to reduce their die size, and design cycle time.
Vitesse Semiconductor, Dallas TX 2002 - 2005
Design Manager / Senior Digital Design Engineer
* Design manager of a group responsible for the design and development of 5-10 million gate
mixed signal ASICs in TSMC's 0.13 uM CMOS technology. Performed simulation, floor planning, place and route, verification, top-level mixed signal macro integration, and all static timing closure.
* Designed digital circuit blocks, and completed verification, silicon bring-up, and lab validation of high-speed physical layer interface devices.
Please contact the skill set owner if you have an imminent employment opportunity, or one currently available to discuss. Thank you.