2010 Door64 Tech Fair Attendee Registration
Tech Fair: What is it?
This event will showcase Central Texas technology companies, generating a great deal of exposure in our technology community, and helping you see the landscape of what's happening in our Central Texas high-tech scene. See what people said last year.
First, let's clarify: this is not a career fair. Most of the companies exhibiting are not hiring, so no need to bring your resume. Instead, this event is your single best chance to (a) discover what technology companies (including start-ups) exist in our local area, and (b) learn about their business & technology. This engagement is conducive to excellent one-on-one dialogue that is informative for both the attendee and company exhibiting. You both walk away more educated and better connected than you ever would have been electronically. You cannot replace face-to-face.
Beyond the exhibit area, we will hold informational sessions throughout the day which you may attend. The details of these are still being finalized. Stay tuned!
Who should attend?
Well, if you're a member of the door64 community, definitely! If you're a member of IEEE, ACM, local technical user groups, or any other professional engineering associations, you bet! If you're a member of the local investment and funding community, come on out! In other words, if you're involved in the Central Texas high-tech community from software to semiconductors, from biotech to cleantech, this is for you.
When and where?
Date: Tuesday, June 15th, 2010
Time: 10:00am until 5:00pm
Location: AT&T Conference Center - 1900 University Avenue, Austin, Texas 78705 [Map]
Parking: The AT&T Conference Center has an attached parking garage on 20th between Whitis & University. Though you will need to pay to park there, the conference center will provide a discounted rate. Before you leave, visit The Spirit Store gift shop to pay the discounted rate. Alternately, you can park in the lot across from the conference center on Whitis & 20th, or on the street if you can find parking (pay parking, of course).
Getting in: If entering the AT&T Conference Center from Whitis at street level, go inside and take the elevator to level M3 and visit registration. If you parked in the parking garage, find the conference-center side elevators and go to level M3 to register.
The 2010 Tech Fair will consist of the exhibit hall where local tech companies will be showcasing their technology, and in the amphitheater a four-session symposium consisting of 18 speakers running throughout the day with the theme, "Moving Austin Forward". It's going to be a big day!
- 10:00am: Tech Fair opens! Exhibit hall open for all.
- 11:00am - 11:50am: Panel, "Growth Trends and Forecasting for 2010 and Beyond"
- Brett Hurt – Founder, Bazaarvoice
- David Smith – CEO, HBMG
- Paul Zukowski – Assistant Director, Global Commercialization Group, IC2 UT
- Dan Doman – Director of Business Development, Austin Ventures
- 1:00pm - 1:50pm: Panel, "Legal and Ethical Issues of Social Media in Talent Management"
- Butch Hayes – Fulbright & Jaworski
- Sherry Scott – Human Resources Manager, Silicon Labs
- Jeff Quade – Partner, Organization Effectiveness Practice, LGEexecs
- Doug Whatley - Human Capital Consultant
- 2:00pm - 2:50pm: Panel, "Technology’s Impact in Hiring in a Changing World"
- Melinda Figeley Dean, Senior Vice President / Principal, Human Performance Strategies
- Mike Mayeux - Novotus
- Deborah Kerr, Ph.D. - Partner, Affintus / Senior Lecturer, Texas A&M University
- Robin Milstead - Administaff
- Jerry Aubin - VP of Product & Technology, BountyJobs
- 3:00pm - 3:50pm: Panel, "Today’s Technology Tools and Social Media to Growing Business"
- Scott Ingram - Sales Director, Bazaarvoice / Founder, Network-In-Austin
- Julie Niehoff - ConstantContact
- Dave Evans - Principal, Social Web Strategies
- David Armistead - Principal, Social Web Strategies
- Britton Manasco - Manasco Marketing Partners
- 5:00pm: Tech Fair ends
Here's the up-to-date list of companies exhibiting at the Tech Fair:
- Sequel Data Systems
- Nine Dot Sales Inc.
- iCommNet, LLC
- Silicon Hills Design, Inc.
- City of Austin
- Austin Technology Council
- BrightLeaf Group
- Smart Bear Software
- Mopac Studios
- Season Group
- ShoreTel (Hiring!)
- Samsung Semiconductor Austin R&D Center (Hiring!)
- Live Oak 360
- Hitachi Data Systems
- Giant Printing
- Freescale Semiconductor
- HT Staffing Professional
- Affinegy (Hiring!)
- Cima Solutions Group
- PayPal X (Hiring!)
- TS3 Technology
- Cosential, Inc.
- 1st Lighten the Load
- CSG / Computer Support Group
- Weno Healthcare Inc.
- LeCroy Corporation
- Mertek Industries
- Clear Wireless
- Quatro Consulting (Hiring!)
Does your company want to participate? Learn more!
Thanks to these local organizations for partnering to promote the door64 Tech Fair!
- Austin Technology Council
- Austin Project Management Institute
- IEEE Central Texas Section
- Competitive Focus
- Austin Young Chamber
- Austin Inventors & Entrpereneurs Assoc.
- Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber
- Austin Women in Technology
The Tech Fair is FREE to attend. HOWEVER, we would appreciate your support through a donation!
Please RSVP below so we have good idea of expected attendance. All your information will be kept private and not released, except as non-specific statistical data.
The answers with red asterisks are required. If there are any problems or questions, please contact us.
Finally, please help spread the word amongst your local industry colleagues and contacts!